SEA BASS WITH SOY GLAZE AND CUCUMBER SALSA
This is one of my favorite go to dishes when I am having a dinner party and I want to impress my guests. It’s easy to make, light and packed with flavor. The cucumber salsa is a perfect pairing that adds a bit of a tang and a crunch. I like to use Sea Bass for this dish because of it’s sweet buttery taste and texture. It’s a bland fish so it will take on the flavors that you use in the recipe.
MAKE SALSA FIRST
- 2 organic cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped small
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons, seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 scallions, chopped small
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped small
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Mirin
- 2 tablespoons Monk Fruit sweetener available at health food stores, and Amazon. Some super markets are starting to carry Monk fruit.
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 (3-ounce) pieces of sea bass fillets
- ½ cup Bob’s Red Mill organic all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Salsa: Make the cucumber salsa first. In a glass bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix well, set aside. You can make the salsa the day before cover tightly and store in the refrigerator.
In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir together soy sauce, mirin, Monk Fruit, and wine. Stir frequently about 3 minutes. Pour the sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
Dredge the sea bass fillets in the flour. Heat a skillet on medium-high for 1 minute until hot. Add the olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the sea bass and sauté for 2 ½ minutes until golden brown on each side. Reduce the heat to medium; pour in the sauce mixture and cover with a lid. Cook until the fish is cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Place the fillets on plate, for each serving pour 1 to 2 tablespoons of the pan juices over the top. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of the cucumber salsa over the top of fish, along with a sprinkling of 1 teaspoon sesame seeds. Serve extra salsa on the side.
Please join me on;
FACEBOOK Cristina Ferrare