I love incorporating fresh herbs from the garden into my recipes. I even put a bouquet of fresh herbs on the dining table during dinner so my family can pick off as much as they like to add to their own plates. One herb that isn’t very commonly used in cooking is lavender. People often associate lavender with aromatherapy, but this herb also tastes great in recipes! Try my lavender cocktail and apricot lavender chicken to test out this unique herb on your family and friends.
Ingredients For Cocktail :
Pitcher (makes 4 glasses):
- ¾ Cups Tito’s Vodka
- ¾ Cups Lillet Blanc
- ½ Cup Lavender Syrup
- ½ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ Cup Chilled Soda Water for each glass
- French Lavender Flower for Garnish
Ingredients For Lavender Syrup
- 3 cups of Agave
- 4 cups of water
- ½ cup dried food grade lavender
Ingredients for Purple Sugar
- Purple food coloring
- 1 – 1 ½ cups of raw sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Cornstarch
- Add 3 cups of agave syrup and 4 cups water to a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add fresh organic French lavender to taste (or ½ cup dried food grade lavender) and boil for one minute over medium/high heat.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes – then strain.
Purple Sugar Recipe:
- Add a couple drops icing color of your choice (in this case purple).
- Raw sugar as needed.
- Mix both ingredients in a plastic bag, rubbing together to achieve even color distribution.
- Add ½ teaspoon of cornstarch to prevent clumping.
- Place mixture in small plate.
- Rim drinking glass.
- In your rimmed glasses, mix first four ingredients with spoon.
- Pour over ice, add chilled soda water, and garnish with lavender flower (or lemon wedges if you can’t find fresh organic lavender).