A simple, fast and affordable way to deck your halls or walls for the holidays is by creating this festive wall art with wrapping paper. There is no limit to how many rooms or halls you can decorate, bring a holiday feel to your children’s room by wrapping fun paper and have them help decorate!
I put this one up in my entry! You can’t really see the dimensions here but it was huge and it took 2 people to wrap it, what fun we had!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED!
- Pictures, mirrors or art that is already hanging in your home.
- Your favorite holiday wrapping paper
- Several different kinds of ribbon’s
- Scotch tape
- Hot glue gun
- Any holiday decorations you would want to add to the wrapping
(Step this out like you would be wrapping a present.)
- Measure the picture frame of mirror and add 3 inches on all sides for the overlap. We are not covering the whole back.
- Roll out wrapping paper, design side face down and place it on the surface you are working on.
- Take your framed photograph or mirror and place it face down, centered.
- Fold the paper over the back as if you were wrapping a gift, and tape.
- Once taped, flip over and measure out how much ribbon you will need
- Tie the ribbon around the frame and add a pre-made bow if you like
- Add any extra festive decorations you have such as garlands, pine cones, Christmas balls, dried flowers and cranberries, berries, etc.
- Happy Holidays