- Artificial (or foam craft) pumpkin
- Acrylic paint your choice of color (The one displayed are blue & black)
- 1 Large bag of moss
- 1 piece of cardboard (or styrofoam board, to fit the inside bottom of pumpkin)
- Exacto knife
- Glue gun & glue
Crafters note: Materials found at Michael’s Craft Store.
Decide beforehand what kind of scene you’d like to make and find store-bought miniatures to fit the inside, be as creative as you want.
- Cut an opening in the front of the pumpkin.
- Paint the inside of the pumpkin your color of choice. (This will be your night background.) Let dry.
- Cut a hole in the back big enough to fit your light chord.
- Cut your cardboard (or styrofoam board) to fit inside the bottom of the pumpkin. (You can use a hot glue gun on the pieces to secure them to the pumpkin.)
- Glue a thin layer of moss to your cardboard.
- Place your scene the way you want it and glue into place.
- You now have your finished Halloween diorama to proudly display.
Additional: You can cut smaller pieces to add higher and lower areas to the base. -Add small battery powered lights or battery pack lights to the inside. -Can also use Christmas lights. -Dioramas make great night-lights for the kids.